Monday, May 7, 2012

Introducing "Fall Is In The Air" and a Recipe for "Easy Rhubarb Crisp"!

I hope you like my new release, "Fall Is In The Air", a cute 34" x 34" quilt you can make from wool or wool felt!  I like to think of this as a cheater quilt, because not a single piece is done by sewing machine.The block sections are cut, temporarily attached with washable fabric glue, and then stitched together with a simple embroidery stitch called the blanket stitch.  Because we're cheating, your points and seams will come out perfect!


The pattern is $9.99 and I've included diagrams for each of the 16 blocks, full-size templates for the lettering and leaves, a color photograph and illustrations explaining the simple embroidery stitches used to embellish the quilt.  You can make this quilt from wool or wool felt, and I've even created a kit containing all the wool felt you need to complete the quilt, in case your local fabric store doesn't carry all the colors.  You can see a close-up of the quilt and more information by clicking here.


How About a Recipe for Memorial Day Coming Up?  My husband thinks all I do is stitch, but boy, is he wrong!  In between 4-wheeling, snowmobiling, dangling a worm from a hook and stitchin', I also like to cook now and then.  I really enjoy taking special foods along when we go  crappie fishing over Memorial Day weekend, and with that in mind, I want to share a recipe straight from hubby's heart called . . .


"EASY RHUBARB CRISP



THE CRUST AND TOPPING:
1 cup quick oatmeal     
1 cup brown sugar
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) (gotta have nuts!)
Mix together the oatmeal, 1 cup of sugar and pinch of salt.  Add the butter and cut it in until it resembles course crumbs.  Divide the mixture in half.  Press half into a 9" x 13" pan to create the "crust". Set the other half aside for now.


THE YUMMY FILLING:
              
4 to 6 cups rhubarb, chopped
1 to 1-1/2 cups sugar

PUTTING IT TOGETHER Mix the rhubarb and the 1 to 1-1/2 cups sugar.  Spread the mixture evenly over the "crust" you created above.  Sprinkle the remaining crust/topping mixture over the top, adding chopped nuts, if desired.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  I like to serve it warm with vanilla ice cream.  Mmmmm!

I've got to get back to my worktable now.  I'm working on a couple of new projects I want to get released in time for everyone to finish their's for summertime decorating.  Have a great week, and Happy Stitchin'!  xoxo--Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment