Saturday, July 9, 2011

Big-Stitch Quilting Method Tutorial

I've been busy all day working on a new quilt design that will be ready for release soon!  The main quilt blocks are finished and I'll begin appliqueing the borders in the morning over a cup of hot coffee and some backyard sunshine.  I can't decide whether to hand or machine applique the border (I'm sure lots of quilters get in the same quandary), so I'll probably include instructions for both types of applique in the pattern.  Won't that be fun?!

I'm burning a little late-night oil, but as promised yesterday, I have a new "printable" for you on big-stitch quilting.  If you haven't tried the big-stitch method yet, you should consider giving it a try on your next quilt.
The big-stitch method is relaxing and enjoyable, can be taken with you anywhere (including road trips), and is easy to learn. I love the way it makes my finished quilts look! You can get the printable by clicking the image above or by clicking the "For Quilters" tab at the top of this page. You'll see other tutorials there too, and I'm adding more every few days.

I'm headed back to my quilting table (and there's a hooked rug project calling my name), so I'll post again soon. In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend! --Melanie

2 comments:

  1. The post is written in very a good manner and it entails many useful information for me. I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you like the Printable on big-stitch quilting. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete