Tuesday, January 26, 2010

THE BEGINNING: MY OLDE WORLD SANTA AND OLDE WORLD SNOWMAN



What better way to start my blog than to introduce my new friend, "Old World Santa"! I hand-hooked this 18" Santa from hand-dyed wool just before Christmas and introduced it through Ebay and on my website at http://www.americanpiedesigns.com. This Ol' Santa is easy and fun to make and I especially loved working with the deep crimson of his coat and the burnt sunflower of his star. There's nothing better than watching a new design come together. It always reminds me of 7th grade watercolor class where I learned the finished design usually never looks like what I had in my mind's eye!


And then I went on to create "Olde World Snowman" with his coat of snowflakes and crooked nose! My husband doesn't get the hooked rug thing--says they look like dog toys. I say beauty is only skin deep and this wonderful little snowman has a warm heart and fits nicely on the bench in my hall!

No comments:

Post a Comment