Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Liebster Blog Award!

Yaaaay!  I received a note that I have been awarded the Liebster Blog Award by Lynda Hall of Primitive Pieces by Lynda. Lynda is a wonderful designer whose friendly and creative spirit is reflected in her beautiful quilts and other projects.  Please grab a cup of coffee and check out her patterns at primitivepiecesbylynda.blogspot.com and www.primitivepiecesbylynda.com. Thank you Lynda!

The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers who inspire and motivate and have less than 200 followers.  It takes its name from the German words meaning "beloved", "dearest" or "favorite".  I truly hope I inspire and motivate you to "get stitchin'!"  As the saying goes, So much fabric; so little time!  Don't you sometimes feel that way?

According to the tradition of the Liebster award, I must now pass it on to five bloggers who I believe motivate and inspire others.  To accept the award, you must:
  1. Link back to the person who gave you the award and thank them.
  2. Post the award to your blog.
  3. Give the award to 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers who you appreciate and value.
  4. Leave a comment on those 5 blogs to let them know they have been offered this award.
The hard part was limiting my choice to just five, but here they are:
____________________________

I promised you an update on a new Halloween table runner I'm working on.  It's a nice size, just about 18"x30" (perfect for a table or hutch), and can be done in wool or wool felt applique. You know I love applique and I hope you do too. The table runner is a great carry-along project, because once you get the pieces cut, it easily tucks away and goes with you anywhere. Some people take a book on trips or planes, but I take applique!The Halloween table runner has spooky old houses, jack-o-lanterns and Halloween cats.  All the pieces are attached to the background with either a simple blanket stitch or a running stitch, both of which are illustrated in the pattern.  I'll post some pictures next week and hope to have the design finished and ready for printing very soon.  Don't worry--even if you've never done wool applique before, you're going to find my applique patterns are suited for beginners or experienced stitchers!

KITS ARE COMING!  The wool felt is ordered and I'll offer kits for the Halloween table runner and for the Snow Days and Halloween Jacks candle mats.
The kits will be available in about a week and will contain all the wool felt needed to complete the project so you're not running all over town looking for felt (unless you want to, of course!).  I'll post an update when the kits are ready.

Well, I'm back to the drawing board.  Have a great week, and in the meantime, Happy Stitchin'!  --xoxo Melanie

No comments:

Post a Comment