Wednesday, July 13, 2011

"Hilda Disguises as a Trick-or-Treater" - Free Halloween Pattern!

"Hilda Disguises as a Trick-or-Treater" - © American Pie Designs by Melanie Pinney

As promised yesterday, I have a gift for you!  If you would like a free copy of the pattern for "Hilda Disguises as a Trick-or-Treater", email me at melanie@americanpiedesigns.com between now and August 15, 2011, and I'll send you the paper pattern for this 15" soft-sculpture witch, complete with instructions on how to age her and create her funky glasses and pumpkin-on-a-stick.  My version of Hilda was inspired by a good pal who has kindly given me permission to provide a free copy of the pattern to my friends and customers.  Hilda was one of the most enjoyable designs I have created to date, and I particularly enjoyed painting her and creating her crunchy old hat.  I think you'll have fun making her too, and there's plenty of time between now and Halloween to get her finished.  Have fun, and be sure to email me with pictures of your finished Hilda so I can post them to this blog! Please note, this offer is limited to quantity on hand and expires August 15, 2011.  

I also want to introduce you to Jan MacKay and her great blog at http://punchdrunkneedleworks.blogspot.comJan does an incredible job with punch needle and also an old handwork craft called "Swedish weaving".  When I was a teen, a church friend taught me Swedish weaving (she taught it to me as "huck-weaving"), and I loved the beautiful tea towels and we created together. I noticed Swedish weaving cloth is showing up at JoAnn Fabric stores again and I'm glad to see this artform being enjoyed and revived.  If you haven't tried Swedish weaving yet, be sure to check out Jan's blog!

It's time to get back to my worktable.  My new "No Place Like Home" quilt and newest rug hooking pattern will be ready soon, so be sure to check back for more updates, or follow this blog by clicking one of the links in the left-hand margin.  In addition, I'll soon be releasing new "printable" tutorials, including one for nearly-invisible applique (Mmmmmm, applique!).  Until next time!  -- Melanie


No comments:

Post a Comment